Camping near Chandrataal Lake, Spiti
Chandra Taal (Moon Lake) is an incredibly beautiful lake situated in Spiti and surrounded by majestic Himalayan mountains. The circumference of lake is more than 4 km and is situated at an altitude of 4300 meters. The water of the lake is so clear that you can see the bottom for meters. It’s a great location to relax and enjoy the solitude and beauty of nature and also to trek. Due to it’s ecologically sensitive surroundings, all camp sites have to be at least 1 km away from the lake.
To tourists looking forward to spend a day or more at the lake, we offer a large variety of options starting from tents for rent, use of campsite, parking, hot meals, bottled water, transport and assistance with trekking in the area. Our campsite has all the proper certifications and meets all legal requirements to operate in the area and offer the best service for the cost.
Prices for camping for one night start from INR 1700 (US $ 28) and differ according to choice of tents, meals and services availed. Contact us to learn more.
- TRANSPORT : In private or shared car or SUV with driver, trek on foot.
- ACCOMMODATION: Campsites.
- ENDURANCE LEVEL: Anyone to Expert. Depends upon destinations and activities chosen.
- ACTIVITIES: Trekking, Camping, Mountain climbing, Jungle safari, Bird watching, Motorcycle rides, Cultural activities, Meditation, Yoga, Volunteer activities (Optional)
- DURATION: Variable
- MEALS: By choice
- COST: INR 1700 (US $ 28) onwards (At 1 US $ = INR 60)