Dosa Sambhar Recipe
Dosa is a South Indian dish which is popular worldwide for its unique taste and the crisp feeling. It is eaten as a main course meal in most of South India. Anyone can cook this recipe with ease. It has been sold all over India in restaurants and on the roadside. Some people even sell this recipe on cycles accompanied with Sāmbhar. Now please note down the ingredients to prepare this.
- Rice- 1 cup
- Par boiled rice- 1 cup
- Black gram- ¼ cup
- Fenugreek seeds
- Clarified butter
- Some water
- Fresh tamarind
- Sāmbhar powder
- Fresh onion
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Pigeon peas
- Butter or oil
- Mustard seeds
Method to make Dosa:
- Prepare a dal and rice mixture by adding water and fenugreek seeds to it.
- Now grind all of them together with the help of a food processor.
- Do not make the mixture is not smooth.
- It must have some amount of grainy texture.
- Now add some soda to fragment it and salt for taste.
- Now leave the mixture for a fortnight or for at-least 8 to 10 hours.
- The batter must be consistent enough to cover the spoon completely.
- Now prepare the griddle to make the dosa.
- With the help of a spoon, pour the dosa mixture in the centre of the griddle in a thin oval shape.
- Now pour some clarified butter or oil on it.
- Once the color changes to golden brown, you can remove it with a spatula.
Method to make Sāmbhar:
- Take some toor dal with water in a pressure cooker and let the whistle sound 5 to 6 times.
- Grind 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves and 4 tomatoes together.
- Use tamarind juice to give a nice flavour with the help of water.
- Now add the main ingredient, Sāmbhar powder in it with all the finely chopped vegetables.
- Keep it on high boil, adding cooked dal and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Once it has come to the boil, add the onion, garlic paste to it.
- You also add some salt and asafoetida.
- Take a pan and place 2 teaspoons of ghee to it.
- Add mustard seeds to this pan and let them sputter
- Next add it to the Sāmbhar.
- Now garnish the Sāmbhar with fresh coriander leaves and serve it with the dosa.