Halwa Poori Recipe
Poori Halwa is a popular vegetarian dish. The combination of both gives a scrumptious taste to every light meal, snack or lunch. Served in small portions this duo can be largely served during occasions or festivals.
For making Halwa
- 1 Cup- Rava (semolina)
- 1 Cup- Sugar
- 1 Cup- Milk
- 1.5 Cup- Water
- 1 gram- cardamom powder
- Dry fruits (if preferred)
- Pinch- Saffron
- 2 tsp- Ghee (clarified butter)
For making Poori
- 3 cups- Wheat flour
- 2 tsp- Oil
- To taste- Salt
- In a deep vessel, roast semolina for 2-3 minutes on low flame
- Add ghee and then roast again for 4 minutes on medium flame
- Stir the Rava well and keep it aside in a dish.
- Now in the same vessel, add milk, sugar and water.
- Add Cardamom powder, saffron and dry fruits and bring the mixture to boil on low flame.
- Stir the Rava continuously to avoid lumps.
- When the mixture forms a solid mass consider it as done and well roasted.
- You can use dry fruits for garnishing and then serve with hot pooris.
- In sieved flour add salt and oil. To make dough add water to knead.
- From the dough make small balls and make into discs measuring 8 centimeters.
- Deep fry them until they are golden brown.
- Serve with the Halwa.