Idli is a very famous dish in India. It is originally from South India but is made everywhere and relished by everyone. It’s a breakfast recipe edible for old age to children as it is very soft. Diet conscious people have idlis as a first on their list.
- 1 cup – split black gram
- 1 cup –rice
- 1 tsp – fenugreek seeds (optional )
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice, split black gram, and fenugreek seeds in lots of water. Leave it overnight.
- Grind the mixture and leave it to ferment for a day.
- It should have the consistency of a batter after grinding.
- Grease the idli molds and set the batter into them.
- Heat water in the idli cooker till it starts boiling.
- Steam cook for about 12-15 minutes on a high flame.
- Turn off the gas and leave it for 15-20 minutes as it’s difficult to remove the idlis when extremely hot.
- Serve it with hot sambhar.