How to cook Kachori
We Indians love our snacks. There cannot be a better snack than the humble Kachori. This snack is made and eaten at street stalls around the country. However the best part is that it can be made and eaten at home.
- Urad dal- (½ Cup).
- Asafoetida– (5 pinches).
- Ginger and green chillies paste (3 tbsps.)
- Red chilli powder- (1/2 tsp.).
- Pepper powder- (1/2 tsp.).
- Salt- (1/2 tsp.).
- Oil (8 tbsps.).
- Maida (3 cups).
- Oil for frying.
- In a vessel, first soak urad dal overnight, then semi grind it with little water
- In non stick pan heat 2 tsp. of oil and add the Asafoetida.
- Add green chilli and ginger paste.
- Put the dal when the oil separates.
- Stir it nicely and do not allow the dal to stick at the bottom.
- Add pepper, salt, chilli and mix it well.
- Continue the stirring procedure till the dal starts to thicken
- Prepare dough with a combination of Maida, oil and salt.
- Make small balls with this dough.
- Add the stuffing to the balls and flatten them.
- Roll them again in rounds and deep fry them
- Serve them for snacks or breakfast.