How to cook Mutton Curry
In Tamil curry essentially means sauce. The curries are made from the combination of different types of spices along with yogurt or coconut milk. This combination will depend upon different regions of India. The curry is served either wet or dry depending upon the taste of people. They are made out of mutton, chicken, fish, prawns, eggs and vegetables.
- Cubed 500 grams mutton
- Chopped onions 5
- Ginger – garlic paste 1 tbsp made in 1 cup of water
- Chilli powder one a half teaspoon
- Green chilli paste 1 teaspoon
- Half cup tomato puree
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder half tablespoon
- Yoghurt 2 cups
- 8 black peppercorns and cloves
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds, 1 cup of coriander leaves neatly chopped
- Half of cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Firstly flatten all the meat cubes into flat pieces.
- Now mix the yoghurt, chilli, turmeric, coriander powder and salt in the flat pieces of meat.
- Next step is to arrange half of the chopped onions in the pressure cooker at the bottom along with this arrange the pieces of meat along with yogurt mixture on the top of onions.
- Sprinkle ginger garlic water and rest of the onions then the whole spices
- Add 2 cups of hot water
- Pressure cook till done
- Now remove from the pressure cooker and cook until the gravy is thick. Once the gravy is thick add the tomato puree along with the oil
- Blend until the oil separates
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.