Indian Cooking Classes
Cooking classes in India are a fun and authentic way to learn Indian cooking as it’s really meant to be. India Food Tour’s cooking classes teach how to cook Indian dishes in a shortest possible amount of time with easily available ingredients without compromising on taste and quality. Depending upon their expertise, guests can choose to learn different dishes in each class. Even people familiar to Indian cooking can learn the finer details about what makes Indian food so special.
Types of cooking classes :
Following are some details about the different cooking classes in New Delhi. Our guests can pick and choose different classes or types of dishes they want to learn according to their needs. The classes in other cities can have different menus and prices depending upon time of season and availability.
Indian cooking class: Half Day
Duration : 5 hours Dishes:
- Rice Pulao
- Roti and Paranthaa(Indian breads)
- 2 lentils dishes
- 2 vegetable dishes
- 3-4 Indian snacks samosa, pakoda (with different fillings)
- 1-2 Desserts : halwa and/or kheer
- Drink: Lassi (Sweet, Salty or flavoured) or Aam Panna
Cost: Rs 7000 per guest and Rs 5500 for each extra guest.
Indian cooking class: Full day
Duration: 9-10 hours
- 2-3 vegetable dishes and/or curries
- 2-3 Lentil dishes
- Rice. Steamed and pulao or biryani.
- Indian breads (rotis, naans and paranthas)
- 4-5 Indian snacks like samosa, poha, pakoda, chaat, kachori of different types
- 3 -4 Desserts : Kheer, halwa, mithai (Indian sweets)
- 2-3 drinks: Lassi (salty and sweet), Aam panna
Cost: Rs 11000 per guest and Rs 8500 for each extra guest
Non-Vegetarian Indian Dishes
If guests want to learn to cook Indian meat dishes, they can add a few according to their own preferences.
- Meat curries like Butter Chicken, Mutton curry etc for Rs 1200 for 2 dishes
- Kababs and other barbeque dishes Chicken Tikka Masala, for Rs 1500 for 2 dishes
South Indian Food
Certain signature South Indian dishes like Masala Dosa, Idli, Uttapam, Rasam can be included for Rs 2000
Indian Vegetarian Cooking Classes
As most people in India are vegetarians, India is one of the best places to learn vegetarian and vegan cooking without use of any animal products. Although most of our classes teach vegetarian cooking, we can hold special classes to teach vegan cooking too.
What you get in cooking classes with India Food Tour:
- Learn to cook like an Indian family does.
- Classes led by a qualified chef inside a typical Indian kitchen.
- Special focus on Indian vegetarian food.
- A gift hamper of some important spices.
- Personalised recipes for reference.
- Exclusive and small groups.
- Pickup and drop from hotel.
Contact us via contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.