Kheer is a milk pudding. This includes vermicelli, rice or broken wheat along with nuts and raisins that give it a crunchy taste and with saffron it gets its color. It’s typically a South Indian dish but very famous with its different versions all over India. It is essentially served as a dessert
- 1 cup – milk.
- ½ cup –rice (washed and soaked for 20 mins).
- 8 green cardamoms peeled and powdered.
- 20 strands of saffron (soaked in 2 to 3 tbsp. of hot milk).
- 6-7 tbsp. sugar.
- 14 almonds.
- 12 pistachios.
- Let the milk simmer for some time after boiling it.
- Coarsely grind the rice after draining out the water
- Add rice to the milk stirring nonstop so that rice doesn’t stick to the vessel.
- Add saffron and powdered cardamoms.
- Till the milk thickens let it boil.
- Add sugar and till it dissolves keep it on the flame.
- Remove and garnish with Almonds and pistachios.
- Serve hot or cold.