Moong Daal Recipe
Lentils and grams are a very integral part of Indian cuisine. The daal is made in different ways from different areas and regions in India. One can make split green gram, Pigeon peas, green gram, Black gram and the list is vast. It’s not just delicious and but also very good for health.
- ½ cup split green gram (soaked for ½ an hour).
- Tomato – 1 no.
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder.
- ½ tsp. chilli powder.
- Coriander leaves.
- Green chilly -1 no.
- Salt as required.
For the seasoning
- Garlic flakes – 3 .
- Oil as required.
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp.
- Curry leaves – 6-7 leaves.
- Add the soaked dal with 2 glasses of water in a pressure cooker.
- Add one tomato, green chili, coriander leaves.
- Now add the masalas and salt.
- Pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- After the pressure has gone from the cooker take a heavy bottomed pot and add the ingredients for seasoning.
- When the cumin seeds start sputtering add it to the dal
- Serve with white rice and rotis.