Palak Paneer is a north Indian dish , especially made in Dhabas .Dhabas are mini restaurant on the highway especially found in the north of India the best ones being in Punjab. According to nutritionists Palak and Paneer is an excellent combination of proteins and vitamins. It is also an extremely tasty combination.
- 1 bunch Palak.
- 2 tomatoes large.
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste.
- 1 tsp. dhania powder.
- 1 tsp. jeera powder.
- 1 onion
- 3 green chillies
- 200 g Paneer.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 tbsp. oil or butter.
- To garnish 1 tbsp. of cream.
- Blanch the spinach in hot water
- Keep it covered for 10 mins
- When done, blend it with green chillies and water to make the Palak pulp.
- Boil the tomatoes.
- Remove the skin and make tomato pulp by grinding in a mixer
- Heat oil/butter , put onions and when they turn brown add the ginger garlic paste
- Add the masalas and tomato pulp
- Now add the Palak pulp and salt.
- Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes
- Add the Paneer pieces and turn off the flame
- Garnish with cream and serve with roti.