Paneer Curry Recipe
Paneer is nothing but Cottage Cheese. A Paneer curry is just another curry where curry means sauce in Tamil, a language in South India. Combination of masalas with other ingredients is a curry. Paneer curry is very popular in North India.
- Paneer – 200 gms.
- Tomato puree – 2 nos.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp.
- Garlic- Ginger paste -1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
- Chilli powder- ½ tsp.
- Cumin Powder- ½ tsp.
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp.
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp.
- Cashew nuts: 10-12 nos (ground to a paste).
- Salt as required.
- Cut paneer into small cubes and keep aside.
- Add oil in a heavy bottomed pot, when hot enough add cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter add the ginger garlic paste.
- Do not let it stick to the bottom of the vessel. Keep adding little water.
- Now take little water add all the masalas in it and mix well.
- Add this to the pot and fry the masalas well till oil separates.
- Add tomato puree and sauté till oil separate.
- Add the cashew nut paste and then the cubed pieces of Paneer.
- In case the gravy is too dry add little water accordingly.
- Let the gravy boil a little and then serve hot.