Spinach (Paalak) Gravy
When we are looking for some nutritious ingredient then spinach can be used in every type of dish including soup, parantha and rice too. Some people love to have it in a spicy flavor. This green vegetable is a store of vitamins and proteins which is very healthy.
Contents of the dish:
- Spinach, 1.5 cups.
- Toor dal, ½ cup.
- Cumin seeds, 1.5 tsp.
- Dry red chillies.
- Grated coconut, 3 tsps.
- Garlic flakes.
- Tomato puree, 4 tsps.
- Salt as per taste.
- To settle the toor dal and tamarind, soak them in water for few minutes.
- Clean the spinach and boil it in water.
- Make a fine paste of the toor dal, cumin seeds, coconut and red chillies.
- Now add this paste into the spinach with salt, tamarind water and garlic tomato puree.
- Season the dish with some gram dal, curry leaves and spinach and serve hot.