How to cook Meat Kebab
India is known for its variety of cuisines. Among them Kebabs are very famous across the world. The Kebabs are made both using vegetables and non vegetarian items. Most of the Kebabs are made using minced or medium sized meat. The meat used is generally of lamb or chicken . The fish kebabs are less to be found. The kebabs originated from Greece and in Arabic it literally means to fry. Here we shall learn how to make Shami Kebab.
- Half kg. Of minced meat cleaned and washed.
- Eggs – 2 of them thoroughly beaten.
- Gram dal 6 tablespoon soaked for at least 30 minutes.
- Oil – 6 tablespoon.
- Cumin seeds – 2 teaspoon.
- 5 – Cloves and 6 – green cardamoms.
- 2 large onions finely chopped.
- Coarsely pound 15 cloves of garlic.
- Coarsely pounded 2.5” inch ginger.
- Finely chopped 8 – green chillies.
- ½ tsp – turmeric powder and 3 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- 4 tsp. – coriander powder.
- Handful – coriander leaves, finely chopped.
- Oil for shallow frying.
- Salt as per taste.
How to cook:
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel and heat 6 tablespoon of oil. Now add the cumin seeds, cardamoms and cloves and sauté them. Once they are sautéed add finely chopped garlic, onions, ginger and green chilles.
- Once the onions turn translucent then add the gram dal after draining the water; then add the kheema, salt and turmeric powder.
- Keep on stirring often until kheema and dal become tender and water dries off.
- Again Sauté after adding red chilli powder, coriander powder & coriander leaves.
- Now beat the eggs and mix them to the kheema mixture.
- Heat the oil thoroughly in a heavy bottomed pan. Now take the mixture and make flattened kebabs; shallow fry them till their golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney.